Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Motivation

Motivation has been an ongoing issue with my girls. I'm always on the lookout for ways to keep them going and not fighting me on the homework issue. I have come up with something that works well for us.

I layout the lesson plans for a week at a time on a chart that looks like a chore chart. Each day has a row and each subject has it's own column. I put written and reading assignments in the boxes. Each time they finish a box, they get to pick something out of our treat box.

Our treat box is a decent size plastic bin with a lid. I fill it up with gum, candy and small party favor types of toys that I find at the dollar stores and at Wal-mart in the party section and cheap section of the toy aisle. The toys I put in are like silly straws, bubble rings, lip gloss rings, pencils, erasers, cheap sunglasses, hair ties, etc.

We also use the treat box for chores and for when they do something very good. It's been a great addition to our family routine!

No comments: